Assessment Framework For Classes 6-10
- The Central Board of Secondary Education has rolled out a new assessment framework for Classes 6-10 in English, Maths and Science in collaboration with the British Council.
- It is aligned with the National Education Policy’s vision of achieving a global standard in assessments.
- The framework will replace the “existing rote learning model and will focus on assessing students based on their competencies needed to solve day-to-day problems.”
- Under the system, Teachers will be trained to create question papers and other assessment methods that test the actual competency of students in these subjects, rather than their ability to memorise chunks of text.
- In the first phase, the framework will be implemented in select Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas, CBSE schools in Chandigarh, and a few private schools.
- By 2024, it will be rolled out to 25,000 CBSE schools across the country, with 1.32 lakh teachers and two crore students.
Source : The Hindu