Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) Program
Union Minister of Social Justice & Empowerment Dr Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually launched a 6- month Community Based Inclusive Development (CBID) Program on rehabilitation of Divyangjan
More about the programme
- This program will be first of its kind which will create trained manpower in identifying risk cases, apprising the parents/guardians about the nearest early intervention centres, and guiding them for availing Government benefits for Divyangjan.
- At present there is a shortage of trained manpower to serve as a link between the PwDs, their parents and the community for Government Schemes and Programmes and CBID programme will go a long way in generating trained human resource to carry out the important task
- The program aims to create a pool of grass-root rehabilitation workers at community level who can work alongside ASHA and Anganwadi workers to handle cross disability issues and facilitate inclusion of persons with disabilities in the society.
- The program has been designed to provide competency based knowledge and skills among these workers to enhance their ability for successfully discharging their duties.
- These workers will be called 'Divyang Mitra' i.e. friends of persons with disabilities.
- The Central Government has enacted the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPwD) Act, 2016 which envisions a society inclusive of persons with disabilities.
Source : PIB