- Dr Harsh Vardhan launches ‘Digital Ocean’ -the first of its kind digital platform for Ocean Data Management developed by INCOIS of MoES.
- The ocean is a storehouse of infinite knowledge and ‘Digital Ocean’ helps to share this knowledge about the ocean with a wide range of users including research institutions, operational agencies, strategic users, academic community, maritime industry and policy makers.
- Digital Ocean also provides free access to information to the general public and the common man.
- It will play a central role in sustainable management of our oceans and expanding our ‘Blue Economy’ initiatives.
- Digital Ocean will be promoted as a platform for capacity building on Ocean Data Management for all Indian Ocean Rim countries.
Source : PIB