Fast Track Special Courts (FTSCs) Extended
- The Cabinet has approved the continuation of 1,023 Fast Track Special Courts (FTSCs) for another two years, at an outlay of ₹1,572.86 crore.
- The Centre’s share of ₹971.70 crore will come from the Nirbhaya Fund.
- Fast Track Special Courts (FTSCs) are being setup as a part of the National Mission for Safety of Women (NMSW).
- The scheme was started in October 2019.
- Implemented by the Department of Justice of the Ministry of Law and Justice.
- It is a Centrally sponsored scheme for expeditious trial and disposal of pending cases of rape and offences against children under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act (POCSO), 2012.
Source : The Hindu