Four Indigenous Sports In Khelo India Youth Games
- Govt approves inclusion of four indigenous sports in Khelo India Youth Games 2021.
- The games include, Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-Ta and Mallakhamba.
They are from various parts of India
- Kalaripayattu has its origin from Kerala and has practitioners all over the world.
- Mallakhamba has been well-known across India and Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra have been the hotspots of this sport.
- Gatka originates from Punjab and this traditional fighting style of the Nihang Sikh Warriors is used both as self-defense as well as a sport.
- Thang-Ta, a Manipur marital art has passed into oblivion in the recent decades, but the sport will get national recognition again with the help of the Khelo India Youth Games 2021.
Source : newsonair