- The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment had recently organised meetings with officials and other stakeholders of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh for implementation of National Trust Act, 1999.
- This act looks into the welfare of people with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disabilities.
- The Act also provides for the setting up of the National Trust.
- The National Trust is a statutory body of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- It was set up under the “National Trust for the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities” Act.
- Its mandate is to discharge two basic duties – legal and welfare.
- The National Trust works for the welfare of persons with any of the following four disabilities
2. Cerebral Palsy
3. Mental Retardation
4. Multiple Disabilities
Source : ANI