Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Handbook
- Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) is the resolution of disputes outside courts, particularly of small and medium-value cases, using digital technology and techniques of alternate dispute resolution such as negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
- This new handbook will be launched in association with Agami and Omidyar Network India and with the support of ICICI Bank, Ashoka Innovators for the Public, Trilegal, Dalberg, Dvara, NIPFP.
- According to a release by Niti Aayog, this new handbook will be an invitation to business leaders to adopt ODR in India.
- It highlights the need for such a mechanism, the models of ODR that businesses can adopt and an actionable pathway for them.
- While courts are becoming digitized through the efforts of the judiciary, more effective, scalable, and collaborative mechanisms of containment and resolution are urgently needed.
Source : Live Mint