'One Nation One Standard’ Mission
- Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal stressed on the need for 'One Nation One Standard' to bring uniformity and said labs testing in India should be of global standards.
- While all areas of production and services should be included in this national mission, bringing a national uniformity and standardization in all kinds of public procurement and tendering can be an immediate deliverable.
- The minister said that strength and character of a nation are often exemplified by the standards it sets for the quality of its products and services.
- The ‘One Nation One Standard’ Mission was first deliberated in September, 2019.
- The purpose is to converge multiple standards with the BIS which is a recognised national body for standardisation in India.
- BIS is the only national body that frames standards.
Source : Livemint