PM CARES For Children
- A total of 845 COVID-19 orphans have so far been identified and approved for receiving benefits under the PM CARES Fund.
- It was launched in May 2021.
- The scheme has been launched for support & empowerment of Covid affected children.
- Eligibility: All children who have lost both parents or surviving parent or legal guardian/adoptive parents due to Covid 19 will be supported under the scheme.
1. Fixed Deposit in the name of the child: A corpus of Rs 10 lakh for each child when he or she reaches 18 years of age.
2. School Education: For children under 10 years: Admission will be given in the nearest Kendriya Vidyalaya or in a private school as a day scholar.
3. School Education: for children between 11-18 years: The child will be given admission in any Central Government residential school such as Sainik School, Navodaya Vidyalaya etc.
4. Support for Higher Education: The child will be assisted in obtaining an education loan for Professional courses / Higher Education in India as per the existing Education Loan norms.
5. Health Insurance: All children will be enrolled as a beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme (PMJAY) with a health insurance cover of Rs 5 lakhs.
Source : PIB