Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Launched
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App & several initiatives linked to studies and research in fisheries production, dairy, animal husbandry and agriculture in Bihar through video conferencing.
- It is being launched in 21 States of the country with an investment of Rs 20,000 Crores which would be spent in the next 4-5 Years.
- Scheme provides for new infrastructure, modern equipment and access to new markets to the fish producers, along with increased opportunities for through farming as well as other means.
- The goal is to double fish exports in the coming 3-4 years.
- It will create millions of new employment opportunities only in the fisheries sector.
- PMMSY is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country as a part of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Adopt ‘Cluster or Area-based Approaches’ and create fisheries clusters through backward and forward linkages.