Sandes Messaging App
- The National Informatics Centre has launched an instant messaging platform called Sandes on the lines of WhatsApp.
- new NIC platform can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.
- It is a Government Instant Messaging System (GIMS) that can be used for official or casual use by any Government employee or public user having a valid Mobile No./Email ID.
- The app does not allow the user to change their email id or registered phone number.
- The user will have to re-register as a new user in case they wish to change their registered Email Id or phone number on the App.
- It offers features such as group making, broadcast message, message forwarding and emojis.
- Although there is no option to transfer the chat history between two platforms, the chats on GIMS can be backed up to a users’ email.
Source : PIB Wikipedia