The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) Scheme
- The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme has been launched in 10 States this year (2021) and will be rolled out across the country by March 2022.
- This plan has been laid out in a parliamentary standing committee report submitted to the Lok Sabha, as part of the Digital India Land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) which began in 2008 and has been expanded several times.
- Government of India, in 2008-09, had launched Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP) - erstwhile National Land Records Modernization Programme to digitize and modernize land records and develop a transparent and Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) in the country.
- National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) - ‘One Nation One Software’ for registration of documents & properties to ‘empower citizens’ launched / under implementation in 10 States / Union Territories.
About Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN)
- Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) - 14 digits Alpha–numeric unique ID for each land parcel based on Geo reference coordinate of vertices of international standard and compliance of Electronic Commerce Code Management Association (ECCMA) standard and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards.
- It will provide compatibility so that all States can adopt it easily and help develop land bank and lead towards Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS).
- Its benefits are to ensure uniqueness in all transactions and keep the land records always up-to-date, link of all property transactions gets established, delivery of citizen services of land records through a single window, sharing of land records data across departments, financial institutions and all stakeholders, standardization at data and application level would bring in effective integration and interoperability across departments.
Source : PIB The Hindu